THE MOUTON CADET WINE BAR 2018
Pauillac, 23rd May 2018 – After the final clap of the 71st Cannes Film Festival, it is time for the Mouton Cadet Wine Bar to close its doors. Let us reflect on the best moments of its 2018 edition. A review full of celebrities, beautiful sunsets and celebrations !
THE SUNSET APERITIFS
Located on the rooftop of the Palais des Festivals, the Mouton Cadet Wine Bar is considered one of the most prestigious venues during the Festival. Every evening, during magical sunsets overlooking the Cannes Bay, the terrace opened its doors to selected guests for elegant cocktail-hour receptions: The Sunset Aperitifs, this year paying tribute to famous film music.
James Bond, the Pink Panther, Star Wars or even La Vie en Rose, all the movie soundtrack classics were part of the celebration, thanks to the talents of French artist Keren Ann for the Opening Cocktail and French pianist Mattias Mimoun. A relaxing moment with exquisite wine pairings around the 2018 Mouton Cadet Cannes Limited Edition.
MOUTON CADET WINE BAR, “THE PLACE TO MEET”
FOR THE CINEMA INDUSTRY
Throughout its history, the family company Baron Philippe de Rothschild has always shared an intimate link with the cinema world. Each year, the Mouton Cadet Wine Bar carries on and embodies this valued relationship as it is the chosen place for celebrities and the cinema industry to host their press junkets, such as:
– the 2018 Grand Prix Award winner, American director Spike Lee who specifically requested the Mouton Cadet Wine Bar to host interviews around the release of his latest film Blackkklansman with his cast.
– British multi-award film maker Christopher Nolan for the awaited restoration of Stanley Kubrick’s masterpiece 2001: A Space Odyssey, to celebrate the film’s 50th birthday, in the presence of Stanley Kubrick’s daughter, Katharina Kubrick, actor Keir Dullea and co-producer Jan Harlan.
THE ART OF HOSPITALITY
During the entire Festival, the Mouton Cadet Wine Bar placed the art of hospitality, the essence of Mouton Cadet’s values, at the heart of its organisation.
– In addition to its successful Opening Cocktail party, the Mouton Cadet Wine Bar had the pleasure to receive Madame Figaro China for its “Shine in Cannes” cocktail evening to celebrate the women’s magazine’s presence at the 71st edition of the Cannes Film Festival. Among the prestigious guests were the influential Chinese celebrities Zhao Tao, Zhan Ming and Miya Muqi, along with international fashion icons Catrinel Marlon, Caroline Vreeland and Mary Semenchenko.
– The prestigious award Pierre Angénieux ExcelLens in Cinematography rewarded American photographer, filmmaker and director of photography Edward Lachman, in the presence of American actor Michael Pitt & American actress Jamie Bochert.
– The cocktail of the “Oeil d’Or” documentary film Award.
THE CHOSEN VENUE FOR PRIVACY
Due to its exclusive location, away from the rush of the Palais des Festivals, the terrace indulged its guests with a quiet moment of privacy. Celebrities could relax and discuss freely, as did:
– American director Ron Howard and his cast, along with French astronaut Thomas Pesquet, about the future release of the new Star Wars sequence, Solo: A Star Wars Story.
– Both the Palme d’Or Jury and the Jury from “Un Certain Regard” Award, who gathered in turn after the announcement of their Award Winners. After 12 days of intense exposure, between official ceremonies and red carpet events, the Mouton Cadet Wine Bar was the perfect venue to share a moment of intimacy.
Mouton Cadet Wine Bar has closed its doors on the 71st Cannes Film Festival and invites wine and cinema lovers in 2019 for new cultural and emotional encounters.
About Mouton Cadet
Produced by the family-owned French company Baron Philippe de Rothschild SA, Mouton Cadet was created in 1930 and has remained true to its origins whilst evolving into what has now become the world’s leading Bordeaux AOC wine brand. Sold in 150 countries around the world, Mouton Cadet has been associated since its creation with exclusive and prestigious events, including the Cannes International Film Festival since 1992. Mouton Cadet is now also involved in golf as Official Supplier to the European Tour and to the 2018 Ryder Cup, as well as the 36th America’s Cup, the oldest sailing trophy in the world.
THE MOUTON CADET WINE BAR
9 – 19 May 2018
Palais des Festivals, Boulevard de la Croisette – Cannes, France
Phillips-Hill Wine PR & Events
© 2017 Phillips-Hill Wine PR & Events
Phillips-Hill Wine PR & Events supports responsible drinking and gambling.
Website by Bubble Creative Solutions Ltd